Before going into the timesheet control functionality, you need to understand that there are two types of Archdesk users:
- system users - they are employees at your company that have access to the system and can change and see data by logging to their account via their individual email and password.
- timesheet employees - these are employees who do not actively manage data inside the system and usually clock in and clock out on their time sheets.
HOW TO USE THE TIMESHEET CONTROL FUNCTIONALITY
EMPLOYEES LOG IN THEIR TIME ON THEIR PHONES
Enter the names of your timesheet employees into the Company Tab. They will not have direct access to the system, but they will have the ability to log in their hours on the task or work they do through the link you send them to their phones.
Timesheet control can be used in two ways.
1. Without assigning the employee to the programme of works. To do that go to Company-> Select the Employee you want to manage and go to Timesheet option on the left. Their "account" will open. Here you can:
- generate a 5-digit individual token, that should be send to the employee along with the link to the mobile version of the app (it's recommended to advise employees to bookmark the link on their phones).
Each employee can then clock in and clock out and add a note on what they were working on during that period of time. They can add the app to their phones.
- Once an employee clocks out, the timesheet manager will see it on that employee's timesheet and can either approve or correct it.
2. Assigning tasks to employees on the schedule so that they can log in their time on specific tasks and projects. If an employee works on the same type of work, you can add a task that is as long as you wish and they can clock in on and clock out that task every single day.
To assign tasks to employees go to Projects Tab -> select a project -> Schedule. Create the programme of works and assign the employees to their tasks on the schedule.
Then go to the Company Tab -> select employee -> Timesheet -> Generate Token (as described above). Send the link and the token to the employees. If they work on more than one projects, they will see them on a list of projects. They can log in on their projects and add description of their work.
If you are someone who manages time sheets, you can also log in time manually. Go to the Schedule Tab-> select the user you want to add record for-> log in their hours per the projects they have been assigned to or just as an entry.
HOW TO APPROVE OR EDIT TIMESHEET RECORD
The records will appear unconfirmed on the schedule. As a timesheet manager you need to go in and approve them or make corrections as necessary.
The records have different labels. See the explanations below.
When you approve the timesheet record and given you have added the hourly rate for that user, the system will automatically calculate the cost of the labour on the assigned task/project.
In order for the system to calculate the cost of work per project, you need add remuneration per Employee. To do that, go to Company-> Select Employee -> Remuneration.
Once the work hours are approved on the timesheet, the system will calculate the cost on the Project Schedule task and add it as expense to the Financial Dashboard.