Archdesk integrates with the accounting system QuickBooks. What it means is that you can seamlessly transfer your financial documents from Archdesk to QuickBooks with a few click.
In this article you will learn:
- how to perform the FIRST ACTIVATION
- how to perform FOLLOWING TRANSFERS
- what to do when ISSUES WITH INTEGRATION happen
Things to keep in mind:
- Archdesk allows you to create invoices and credit notes and helps you exchange them with your clients and suppliers in a fast and easy way.
- Archdesk has the Financials functionality in order to be able to track the financial health per project and for all the projects cumulatively.
- The Financials functionality allows for reporting on the projected cost vs real spend.
- HOWEVER, Archdesk is not an accounting system. QuickBooks is. That's why we join forces so that Archdesk does what it does best: helping you manage your construction and production projects & Quickbooks does what they do best: your full accounting.
To activate the integration between Archdesk and QuickBooks you need to go to Settings&Preferences -> Integrations -> Settings -> Activate.
Click on ACTIVATE. This will bring up the QuickBooks login window.
Follow through and log into your QuickBooks account: insert your email & password for Quickbooks and hit the Sign In button.
🚨The first integration with QuickBooks is very important. Please carefully read what happens upon your first transfer.
- Once you activate the integration, Archdesk starts transferring the invoices automatically meaning you don't need to export CSV to then import it to QuickBooks. The systems connect directly.
- When performing the first activation, Archdesk will try to transfer all your invoices as the system needs to learn which invoices have already been transferred and are already in QuickBooks. If you had transferred some of your invoices manually, you will need to delete the drafts of the "duplicates" in QuickBooks.
- After the first integration the system will only send out the new invoices you create from that point on.
- The integration is active for a long period so the first transfer should run smoothly after the first connection with QuickBooks. For the next transfers, e.g. a day after the integration, you need to check your Integration status and see if the data was transferred (if invoices were created). If you see that the data does not go through, click the Activate button again (this time the system should not ask you to match the Tax Accounts & Nominal Codes - it will remember them). If the connection is still problematic, please contact us at email@example.com
- The transferred invoices should now be visible properly in QuickBooks.
Whenever you need to have the invoices issued in Archdesk to appear in QuickBooks, you need to make sure of the Integration Status. By going to Settings&Preferences -> Integrations -> Settings -> Integration Status you can see the flow of your invoices from Archdesk to QuickBooks. If you see that the connection stopped, you will need to reactivate it, so that the Invoices flow.
In order to activate the integration, go to Settings&Preferences -> Integrations ->Settings -> Activate. The system will ask you to login to QuickBooks and all the invoices from Archdesk (that were not yet transferred) will flow into your accounting system.
For the transfers that follow the first activation, the system will only move the new invoices as it has already learned what documents (by reference numbers) are already in QuickBooks and won't try to pair them again.
That's why the activation needs to be performed when you are certain that your documents in Archdesk are correct and can be mirrored in QuickBooks.
Such a procedure also gives you more control over your documentation.
🚨Make sure that the invoices and credit notes are assigned to a specific existing contact in Archdesk. If you type in the contact's details manually, QuickBooks will transfer the invoice and create a new contact entry for it. This way you might end up with doubled accounts in QuickBooks.
If the contact exists in Archdesk, click on the yellow bar to select the client from the Contacts list. If the contact doesn't exist in Archdesk, you can quickly create it without leaving the Invoice Creator. Click on the shortcut clock icon-> create contact-> Business/Individual Contact. Create the contact, save, and then select it by clicking the yellow button.
ISSUES WITH INTEGRATION
Sometimes during the activation the Integration Status Report shows that not all of the transfers have been made.
Depending on the error message there may be a few reasons this happens, so have a good look at the error - it usually shows you where the problem resides.
An article HERE will help you solving issues related to CIS accounts.
If the error keeps occurring, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org