For a correct connection between Archdesk and your accounting system, QuickBooks, we need to have 2 things matched correctly:
- Nominal Codes - the accounting codes.
- Contacts - the businesses that you are in contact with and creating Invoices for.
This means that the above must match exactly in order for the Invoices to be transferred properly.
What happens if the Contacts do not match?
- If a contact from Archdesk has a matching Company Name in QuickBooks - the contact is used as such,
- If a contact from Archdesk does not exist in QuickBooks - the contact will be automatically created when an Invoice is transferred,
- If a contact from Archdesk exists in QuickBooks with a similar (but not matching!) name, once an Invoice is transferred, a new contact will be created in QuickBooks with either the "Vendor" prefix or with a sequential number one - ex. John Watson (1)
If you are encountering any issues with matching the contacts between Archdeks and QuickBooks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org